Home > Paul’s Glad Tidings
PAUL’S GLAD TIDINGS
Composed by Deryck Noakes
Scripture references added
- Every man, woman and child has a conscience.
- Some try to deceive themselves by believing that there is no God. They live with an uneasy conscience.
- Some acknowledge that there is a God to whom they will have to answer in this life or in the afterlife, but their conscience is troubled.
- Some think that by doing good works God may sometime accept them.
- The most wonderful thing of all is that God requires absolutely nothing at all from you to be saved from death and hell except faith in Jesus and His blood. Although you may die, you will not see death, but you will see Jesus and go to be with Him down here.
- The good news is even more comprehensive: If you confess Christ’s Name and you have faith to ask the Father for the Holy Spirit, He will freely give Him to you. You will have established your right to be in the assembly.
- As confessing the Name of the Lord, you are called upon to withdraw from evil and in doing so you will find that there are others with whom you can walk in righteousness, faith, love and peace.
- You will then be the offscouring of the world and it will have no time for you. Friendship with the world is enmity with God.
- The world may despise and hate you, but you will be more than compensated.
- You will have the Holy Spirit’s comfort and care. You can and should commune with Him at all times.
- It is fatal to refuse God’s free gift of salvation. The alternative is too ghastly to contemplate – it is judgment at the great white throne and thereafter confinement to hell for eternity.
Scripture references from J.N. Darby’s translation of the Holy Scriptures:
| Acts 16 : 31 (Back to text)
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.
| Romans 10 : 13
For every one whosoever, who shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved.
| Romans 3 : 21-26
But now without law righteousness of God is manifested, borne witness to by the law and the prophets;
righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ towards all, and upon all those who believe: for there is no difference;
for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
being justified freely by his grace through the redemption which [is] in Christ Jesus;
whom God has set forth a mercy-seat, through faith in his blood, for [the] shewing forth of his righteousness, in respect of the passing by the sins that had taken place before, through the forbearance of God;
for [the] shewing forth of his righteousness in the present time, so that he should be just, and justify him that is of [the] faith of Jesus.
| John 8 : 51 (Back to text)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If any one shall keep my word, he shall never see death.
| Luke 11 : 13 (Back to text)
how much rather shall the Father who is of heaven give [the] Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
| Acts 2 : 38, 47 (Back to text)
And Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptised, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, for remission of sins, and ye will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
. . .
and the Lord added [to the assembly] daily those that were to be saved.
| 1 Corinthians 12 : 13
For also in [the power of] one Spirit we have all been baptised into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bondmen or free, and have all been given to drink of one Spirit.
| 2 Timothy 2 : 19 (Back to text)
Let every one who names the name of [the] Lord withdraw from iniquity.
| 2 Timothy 2 : 22 (Back to text)
But youthful lusts flee, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, with those that call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.
| 1 Corinthians 4 : 13 (Back to text)
we are become as [the] offscouring of the world, [the] refuse of all, until now.
| James 4 : 4 (Back to text)
Adulteresses, know ye not that friendship with the world is enmity with God?
| 1 John 3 : 13 (Back to text)
Do not wonder, brethren, if the world hate you.
| Luke 6 : 22-23 (Back to text)
Blessed are ye when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from them], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as wicked, for the Son of man's sake:
rejoice in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in the heaven, for after this manner did their fathers act toward the prophets.
| John 14 : 16 (Back to text)
And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever,
| Ephesians 6 : 18 (Back to text)
praying at all seasons, with all prayer and supplication in [the] Spirit
| Galatians 5 : 25
If we live by the Spirit, let us walk also by the Spirit.
| Revelation 20 : 11-15 (Back to text)
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled, and place was not found for them.
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is [that] of life. And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books according to their works.
And the sea gave up the dead which [were] in it, and death and hades gave up the dead which [were] in them; and they were judged each according to their works:
and death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, [even] the lake of fire.
And if any one was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
For enquiries please contact:
2401 Globe Drive
Knoxville, TN 37912
Mobile: +1 865-256-9529
569 Cane Run Road
Lexington, KY 40505
Mobile: +1 859-285-4313
101 Fryling Avenue SW
Concord, NC 28025
Mobile: +1 704-606-2290
Published online by:
24 Buena Vista Close